TGIF has a different ring to it after the closing bell with the S&P soaring 200 points on the Fed’s announcement that limitations on buybacks will expire in June. NKE, CSCO, INTC all had a great day, but TSLA slid 2% to the surprise of many; possibly attributed to reports on weak consumer spending. However, the NASDAQ rallied in the late part of the session to retake the $13,000 level. Although the cloud of rising bond yields and questions about the global economic recovery still cast doubt, the markets are somewhat positive on Friday’s footing that may see the current upward trajectory continue.
The $SPY closed at $395.63, well above the .618 fib and looking to attempt a run to test the ATH on a bullish close above the volume shelf. The gains on the NASDAQ didn’t quite flow into QQQ with a close at $315.8 and a few volume nodes to absorb before testing the high of the current swing.
In this blog post, make sure to check out the top 5 TrendSpider charts posted this week on social media; as well as the broad market charts into next week! Don’t forget Season 3, Episode 12 of the “Stock Trading Pit” on this Sunday at 6 PM (EST) with special guests, Steve Burns and Scott Redler.
Check out the “Stock Trading Pit” Season 3, Episode 12 with Steve Burns and Scott Redler on Sunday at 6 PM (EST)!
Top 5 TrendSpider Posts This Week
Related Blog Posts
Check out our supplemental blog posts below:
- Alerts – Add alerts to your trendlines and indicators with sensitivity.
- Raindrops – Visualize volume and price action in a completely new way by visualizing volume flow throughout a specific time period.
- Conditional Criteria Alerts – Create complex conditions to be met between a mix of lower indicators and price action.
- Multi-time frame analysis (MTFA) – Overlay your chart a secondary timeframe with on trendlines, indicators, and Fibonacci levels.
- Trendline Preferences – Customize your trendlines to automate a consistent trendline drawing strategy.
- Add Watchlist – Create your own watchlist and quickly move through charts with automatic analysis on each!
- Automatic Candlestick Recognition – Automatically input your favorite candlestick patterns into the system and have TrendSpider find all the ones on your current chart!