Hello Everyone, and welcome to yet another TrendSpider Software Update. Today, we are very pleased to announce a new type of data – Wall Street Bets sentiment data from Reddit. Learn more below the jump!
TrendSpider has integrated Wall Street Bets data (from r/wallstreetbets on Reddit) into the TrendSpider platform to allow you to view symbols that are subject to discussion on the forum.
Here’s what it is and how it works:
New Smart Watch Lists for Wall Street Bets tickers
In your TrendSpider Watch list selector, you will see 12 new watch lists that are labeled as “moderated” lists. You may use these new moderated watch lists as the universe for your scanners. This allows you to search for technical conditions or upcoming/past events on symbols that are being discussed on Wall Street Bets.
- Top Mentioned (regardless of bias) for Today, last 7 days, 14 days or the last 30 days
- Top Negative Sentiment for Today, last 7 days, 14 days or the last 30 days
- Top Positive Sentiment for Today, last 7 days, 14 days or the last 30 days
Scanning on Wall Street Bets Watch Lists
To do this, just:
- Open the Market Scanner
- Create a New Scanner
- Input your Scanner Conditions
- Select the desired Wall Street Bets universe from the “Scan Through” drop down list
- Proceed as normal and run your scan.
Limitations of Smart Watch Lists
- This data is not real time. Smart Watchlists are updated every 60 minutes automatically.
- This data cannot be used in alerts yet (you cannot create an alert for if a particular symbol starts trending on r/wallstreetbets, for example.)
WSB data is made possible by our friends at Quiver Quantitive.